Well, another year has past and I like to review the past year and see what I accomplished. I spend so much time feeling like I am not making progress, not moving forward, not getting anything done but when I look back I'm often amazed. While I've had many successes in my non-photography life (compliance career) this year, I will focus this post solely on my photography. So here is my list of what I consider my 5 biggest photography accomplishments.
1. I created new work - a lot of new work. Some was good and some was more learning but I am amazed at how I managed to create, especially given the other demands on my time and energy.
2. I was in 2 group exhibits with the fabulous Fine Art Portrait Photography Guild group.
In March my photograph "Indigo Blues" was included in an exhibit at the Be U gallery in Houston, TX. I got to travel and attend the opening which was an amazing experience.
And in August my photograph "Awaken" was included in a group show at Star Gallery in Orlando, Florida. Unfortunately I was unable to travel to that show.
3. I had my first stock sale on Arcangel Images. It was my cardinal image and it's on a book cover in Germany. I also had an image licensed as a digital download CD Cover.
4. I had work published in the magazine "Obscurae".
5. I worked with models more in 2014, which was one of my goals.
2014 has been a great year! I can't wait to see what 2015 has to bring. Tomorrow I'll share my goals and hopes for the new year.
Happy New Year!